Swai fish is delicious, but unfortunately, there are not that many recipes available. Until now! Check out these amazing swai recipes and let us know in the comments which one you like best.
Swai fish in a beer batter
- swai fillet – 700g
- lemon – 1
- beer – 100 ml
- eggs – 3
- flour – 1 cup
- vegetable oil – 100 ml
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste.
- Pour lemon juice into a bowl and put the fillet slices into it, add salt and pepper to taste, and leave for half an hour.
- Mix the eggs with beer, add salt to taste. Put each piece of fillet first in the egg with beer, then put it in flour, then put it back in the egg with beer.
- Then we put it in a pan heated with vegetable oil. Fry it on both sides until it’s of a golden color.
- When ready, put the finished fillet on a nice flat dish, decorate it with greens. If you like, add some lemon juice on top. Vegetable salads are best served as a side dish.
Indian style swai fillet
Swai fish sauce is made of fresh or canned peaches, with the addition of ginger, honey, and white dry wine. Before frying, pieces of fish fillet are put into a mixture of flour and spices.
- swai fillet – 500g
- peach (canned) – 2-3 pcs.
- leek – 1
- ginger (root) – about 2 cm
- fish seasoning – 1 tsp.
- honey – 1 tsp.
- rice flour (or wheat flour) – 2 tsp.
- white dry wine – 100 ml
- frying oil.
- Combine the flour with the fish seasoning. Cut the fish into slices. Cover the slices of fish with the flour and seasoning.
- Fry with a small amount of butter on both sides until cooked.
- For onion sauce, fry with butter, add peaches, grated ginger, honey, and wine. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat. Voila!
Swai fish and vegetables Chinese style.
Easy way to prepare swai fillet. Pieces of fish are pre-marinated in a mixture of soy sauce with honey and sesame oil, and then fried until done. Garnish with vegetables and rice.
For this swai fish recipe you will need:
- swai fillet – 600g
- bell pepper – 2 pcs.
- carrot – 2 pcs.
- leek – 1 pcs.
- chili pepper – 1 pcs.
- garlic – 1 pcs.
- ginger (fresh) – about 3-4 cm
- celery – 2 pcs.
- soy sauce – 50g
- starch – to taste
- sesame oil – 1 tsp.
- honey – 1 tsp.
- rice wine – 1 tsp.
- oyster sauce – to taste.
- Defrost the fish, dry it with paper napkins and marinade in a mixture of soy sauce, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of sesame oil, a tablespoon of rice wine.
- Leave it to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables.
- After marinading the fish again soaked, cut into smaller pieces and roll in starch (preferably corn starch).
- Fry until it’s ready.
- Pour leftover oil into the wok after frying, fry leeks, then add ginger, garlic, and chili to it.
- Then add the carrots with celery.
- Pour in the sauce, stir and add the bell pepper. Serve with rice and oyster sauce. Enjoy!
Baked swai meatballs
Recipe of baked swai fish in tomato sauce. For minced fish, the fillet is passed through a meat grinder together with onions, and then boiled rice and egg are added. The recipe should cover 6 servings.
For this recipe of meatballs you need:
- swai fillet – 1.5 kg
- brown rice – 2/3 glasses
- onions – 2 pcs.
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- pepper to taste
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
for the sauce:
- onions – 1 pcs.
- garlic – 3 cloves
- vegetable oil – 3 st.p.
- flour – 1 st.p. (with flour top)
- tomato paste – 1 st.p.
- salt – 1/2 tsp.
- laurel leaf – 2 pcs.
- Rinse the rice, pour 2 glasses of water and cook over low heat until all liquids have evaporated. Cool it down.
- Cut swai fillet and peeled onion into pieces and pass through a large grate meat grinder. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, eggs, and rice to the minced fish. Mix well.
- Divide the resulting minced meat into 12 equal parts.
- Lubricate with vegetable oil on a baking tray or tall baking mould. Pour room temperature water into a small deep bowl. When constantly moistening your hands with water, form round meatballs of minced fish in 12 equal parts and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake meatballs in a preheated oven to 220C for 20-25 minutes. They should be slightly covered with a crust, but will not be ready finally.
- As long as the meatballs are baked, prepare the sauce. Cut the onions with half rings, garlic with round petals. Fry onion and garlic in vegetable oil, stirring.
- Then add flour and tomatoes. Passer, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula for another 1 minute.
- Pour two glasses of water (the water should be at room temperature but under no circumstances hot) and stir so that no lumps remain. Salt it, pepper it. Bring the sauce to a boil and remove it from the stove. Dip the laurel leaf into the gravy.
- Fill the lightly baked meatballs with gravy and put them back in the oven for another 20-30 minutes. Serve ready-made meatballs with any side dish to your taste, but mashed potatoes are ideal. Bon appetit!
With this recipe, you can quickly prepare swai fillet with a sesame crust. So that the fish is not fresh, before breading it is sprinkled with a mixture of spices. Immediately before eating add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- swai fillet
- tastes like
- the egg is 1 egg.
- Salt, spices – to taste.
It’s very simple but very tasty. We slice the fish fillet in thin strips.
- Each stripe is gently panned in spices.
- Then we dip it in an egg mixed with salt.
- We drop it in sesame.
- This is a thin layer of spices, a thin layer of a sesame seed, and an egg mixed with salt. We fry in vegetable oil on both sides. We take it out of the oil and place it on a dish. And definitely a lemon. Despite the abundance of spices and a subtle flavor of fried sesame, a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice just before eating – and the taste will be finished. Bon appetit!
So now you know how to cook swai at least these 5 ways. Hope you loved them all!