If someone had told me a year ago that I could easily live for nine months without sugar and almost no carbohydrates, without suffering, I would have laughed and said they were crazy. That’s impossible! However, when the photos from another beach trip brought me back to a harsh reality, I decided to try a serious diet for the first time in my life.
I didn’t like low carb systems – it’s an eternal lack of strength and energy, calorie count works when you have time for it, and it’s not a pleasant prospect to go hungry all the time. So I chose keto.
But I didn’t want to give up my favorite delicacies. We all miss fast food when we’re on a diet. So now, I suggest we have a delicious meal and make snacks just like in a cafe.
Buffalo wild wings: keto version
Keto diet and spicy wings – that’s the perfect combo! If you were wondering are chicken wings keto – the answer would be no. But with this keto chicken recipe, you no longer have to go to a fast-food cafe. These crispy chicken wings are perfect for watching movies with friends as a snack and are also a great idea for a keto lunch or dinner.
The keto buffalo wings that you make at home will be as delicious as the café or even the better. Also, this keto fast food dish will be much healthier. And you’ll know what it’s made of. You choose the products and their quality.
Hurry up and try this amazing keto wings recipe for true fast food lovers!
Ingredients for 2 servings of spicy keto wings
- 6 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup of spicy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 150 g cabbage or salad
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Prepare the frying pan with oil. You can also use a tray and foil.
- Put the chicken wings in the pan, salt and pepper them.
- Put the frying pan with chicken keto wings into the oven for 15 minutes. Flip them over from time to time.
- Heat the spicy sauce and butter on a slow heat in the frying pan. Add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Fry the prepared chicken keto wings slightly in a frying pan with oil sauce.
- Serve spicy keto wings mixed with cabbage and mayonnaise.
Tip 1: Instead of keto wing sauce, tomato paste mixed with a good portion of red hot pepper will do. If possible, choose cayenne fresh ground pepper. You can also add some soy sauce to the mix.
Tip 2: Spicy chicken keto wings are best served cold. It is, therefore, best to cool them down after cooking and keep them in the fridge for a while before serving.
Have you seen so few carbs in chicken wings? I haven’t! Buffalo wild wings sauces have lots of calories in them, but the substitutes I’m offering help decrease that number. So enjoy!
Nutritional value per 1 serving
- 725 calories
- Fat: 52% (56 g)
- Protein: 45% (49 g)
- Carbohydrates: 3% (3 g)
Keto burger with ham and cheese
This could be a great addition to the keto buffalo wings! The main issue of keto burgers and sandwiches is bread. You can find many keto bread recipes and buns online. I recommend using this simple recipe for keto burgers. It’s very easy to make because it consists of very few ingredients. And the buns themselves are very soft.
- 1 keto burger
- 2 slices of keto bread or keto buns
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of cheese
- Ham 50g
- Prepare or buy keto bread.
- Fry the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mayonnaise and a piece of cheese on the bread.
- Put the fried egg and ham on top, then the cheese again.
- Cover the keto burger with the second slice of bread. Done, you’re delicious!
- 523 calories
- Fat: 58% (44 g)
- Protein: 37% (28 g)
- Pure carbohydrates: 5% (4 g)
Keto cheese tacos
The tacos from this recipe are so delicious that they can be served on a festive table.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1/2 cups of grated mozzarella
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1 sliced tomato
- Put half the mozzarella cheese in a medium-hot pan. Wait until it dissolves and turns brown. Gently turn it over and fry it on the other side. That would be the taco!
- Gently wrap a layer of grilled cheese around the roast spatula so that it envelops it. It will be easier to do this by leaning the cheese and the spatula against the edges of the pan.
- Raise the cheese on the scapula, and when it cools down, it will take the form of a taco.
- Do the same with the rest of the cheese.
- Fry the bacon until it’s crispy and slice it.
- Break the eggs into a frying pan with the remaining bacon fat, salt it, pepper it. Fry the eggs until they’re ready.
- Put slices of bacon, eggs, sliced avocado, and tomato in a cheese keto tacos. You could also use keto wing sauce I’ve shared earlier.
Nutritional value per 1 serving
- 600 calories
- Fat: 46% (43 g)
- Protein: 49% (46 g)
- Carbohydrates: 5% (5 г)
What is keto?
Keto is different from “paleo” (carbohydrates 30%, protein 20%, fat 50%) and Low Carb High Fat, or LCHF (carbohydrates 20%, protein 20%, fat 60%), keto is a special kind of low-carbohydrate diet in which you consume a lot of fat 70% and above, a little protein 20% and very little carbohydrates less than 10%. With this diet, the body is rebuilt to a new system of energy production – ketones, which are produced by the liver from fat. That is, instead of carbohydrates (glucose and insulin), your body is fed with fat (ketones).
But wouldn’t I become fat if I ate that much fat? No. Glucose is a molecule that the body is easiest to convert and use as an energy source, so it will always be preferred. Insulin is produced to spread glucose through the body through the bloodstream, it is also responsible for uneven energy – eat sweet, an hour later you are hungry again. That is why we “burn” glucose in normal mode, and the fats remain unclaimed and stored by the body. With very low carbohydrate intake, the body goes into a state called “ketosis”. The ultimate goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to get your body into this metabolic state.
Is Keto right for you?
You will find a lot of evidence that this kind of diet helps get rid of many diseases or greatly reduce their symptoms: epilepsy, obesity, diabetes, CNS, neurodegenerative, autoimmune, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, almost all types of inflammation and even cancer. The short answer is that sugar itself is not the cause of all diseases, but it “feeds” them very well. Also, during ketosis removes cellular debris and actively goes through the process of its processing, changing the balance of neurotransmitters of the brain in a way that minimizes neurotoxicity. Hence, a clearer head, a lot of energy, and a good feeling of well-being.
When I started the keto, I had one goal: to lose weight. But after reading many sources, I realized that keto is not a diet, it’s a nutrition system. What’s more, in the first few weeks of ‘keto entry’, your body is so radically altered that it makes no sense to do it ‘for a month’.
Benefits of keto:
- No energy spikes – you feel well all day every day;
- No hunger, you can not eat for many hours and feel great (by the way, with such an “interval hunger” your body will begin to produce ketones from – tadaaam! – spare fat, and you will lose weight faster)’
- Weight loss: in someone he starts to leave at once, in me, it happened in a month and a half, slowly but surely, and left everything from the right places, the result is minus two sizes of trousers;
- Reduced blood sugar, reduced risk of heart disease;
- Fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E) are much better absorbed;
- Increased concentration, ketones are a great source of fuel for the brain;
- Improving the quality of skin, hair, nails;
- As long as you spend your carbohydrates on fiber-containing products – improved metabolic process;
- The body’s resistance to infections, improved immunity;
- You don’t have to weigh the food, you don’t have to count the calories, and you’ll get used to counting carbs quickly.