Pork belly (without bone) is the part of the pork carcass, which is located on the sides of the abdominal area immediately behind the scapula.
Sliced pork belly recipes
We’ll share 3 amazing and simple recipes. Enjoy!
Pork brisket baked in foil in the oven is a very tasty and juicy meat dish, which is fragrant with garlic and onions, as well as a variety of spices. Chilled meat like this is perfectly cut and is a wonderful alternative to sausage, because it is completely natural, without any additives and preservatives. Cook brisket with this recipe, because it is so delicious!
Pork fingers in the oven
- pork belly – 1-1,2 kg;
- paprika, black ground pepper – 1 tsp. (can be replaced with any spices you like);
- bay leaf – 2 pcs;
- black pepper peas – 4-5 pcs;
- salt (I have garlic salt) – 1 tsp;
- onions – 1 pcs;
- garlic – 5 cloves;
- rosemary – 2 twigs (at will).
- Wash the brisket under cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the brisket with salt, I use garlic salt for this.
- Cut the peeled onions into small cubes. After making small cuts on the brisket, put 3 peeled and cut into small pieces of garlic clove. 2 garlic cloves pass through the press and rub the whole surface of the meat. Rub paprika into brisket, add spices to taste, and black ground pepper.
- Sprinkle the brisket with diced onions, black pepper peas, lay bay leaves. Spices, onions, and garlic will make the meat very fragrant. Put the brisket on the foil skin down, close the edges of the foil tightly, and leave for 1 hour to marinate.
- Send the marinated brisket to a heated oven and bake it for about 1 hour at 180 degrees.
- Take the ready baked pork brisket out of the oven and open the foil carefully so as not to get burned. In the foil is formed juice, it must be drained, and the meat sliced into slices and served to the table in a hot form, seasoned with rosemary twigs.
- Baked brisket can be served not only hot but also chilled. Chilled meat can be sliced into thin slices and served as a cold snack or as a sandwich instead of sausage. The pork brisket, baked in foil in the oven, turns out madly delicious, aromatic and appetizing!
I recommend you to try it and enjoy your appetite!
Potatoes baked with pork brisket
The potatoes baked with pork brisket are another favorite dish in my family. Very tasty and nourishing! Today I cooked this, fed my family, and I’ll share it with you!
- potatoes – 400-500 g;
- pork brisket – 0,5 kg;
- onions – 3 pcs;
- chicken broth – 230 ml;
- salt, ground black pepper, pork seasoning – to taste;
- thyme – 0.5 tsp;
Stages of preparation:
- Cut the brisket into medium or large pieces. Salt and sprinkle with spices, thyme, and black ground pepper. Stir.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into large slices. Place in an evenly coated baking mold. Pour the chicken broth.
- Place on top of the potatoes on onion, cut into thin semicircles. Pour salt.
- Place pieces of prepared brisket on the onions.
- Cover the form tightly with foil, place in an oven heated to 170-180 degrees for 2 hours (if you want the brisket and potatoes to melt in your mouth – increase the time to 3 hours. If desired, 30 minutes before the foil is ready to clean up, so that the brisket is baked. This delicious potato baked with pork brisket hot, sprinkled with herbs – for the joy of your loved ones!
Enjoy your appetite!
Keto pork belly
Lard, bacon, and pork brisket are the basic products of high fat, low carbohydrate diet. In this place, the supporters of a “balanced” “right” diet grab at the heart. In their world, the word “lard” can only stand in the same sentence as “diet” if there is still “never”, “terribly harmful” and “lots of calories. But on a keto diet, we know that saturated fats are not dangerous to health and figure. (Unless, of course, you eat them with bread).
- a piece of pork brisket
- 3-4 packs of onion husks
Stages of preparation:
- Cut the brisket into pieces of about 4×10 cm and put them into a pot. Pour water and salt into the pot so that it covers the cut brisket. For a liter of water, you need half a faceted glass of salt.
- Wash the onion husks, put them in a pot with brisket. The more husk, the more intense the color will be. Boil until boiling, then reduce the fire (but to keep it boiling) and tom for about 20 minutes. We turn it off, let it cool right in the pot. The water will be brown, and the brisket will be as if smoked.
- While the pieces are still a little warm, we take them out and rub them with garlic and pepper. Spread them out in pouches and put them in the freezer. We take them out if necessary and store them in the fridge. We finish – we take out the next bag from the freezer. Eaten very quickly – cook it!
Pork belly vs bacon: what’s the difference?
Bacon and brisket are meat delicacies. However, not everyone knows the difference between them. Let’s try to understand some of the differences between one product and another.
The specificity of a product such as bacon is that for its manufacture, special meat is taken. The requirements here are both for the breed of pigs and the conditions of their housing. Only certain types of feed are present in the diet of animals. Bacon is served with pulp removed from the sides and sometimes from the scapula or abdomen of the carcass. In turn, the name ‘brisket’ indicates the area from which the muscle tissue is taken. The source may be not only pork but also beef or lamb carcass.
Both delicacies are a combination of juicy meat and fatty layers. But only bacon suggests an absolute lack of bone. Some samples of the product in question have been left skinned. And, for example, such bacon varieties as “Stolichny” and “Amateur” do not contain it. Such varieties can be represented as a roll. Meanwhile, brisket is available with or without ribs and cartilages. Skins are also allowed here.
How it’s produced
Bacon is also a product created by a special recipe. In some cases, the technology only provides for salination. In other cases, it is followed by smoking. Brisket can also pass these treatment options. Smoking is sometimes supplemented by cooking or baking. It turns out appetizing products with the sated specific taste.
Both delicacies are good as a cold snack. In such situations, a thin slice is used. Besides, these products fit perfectly into a variety of dishes. A classic example is the so-called English breakfast, traditionally presented as slices of bacon, eggs, and crispy fried bread. Smoked samples are ideal for including them in soups, stewed and baked dishes, and salads. Not to mention sandwiches, which can use meat products prepared in any way.
It’s a matter of taste to choose which one from the wide range of products on offer. But the quality of the product must come first. The consistency of the fresh product is dense and elastic. Colour – healthy, without suspicious dark spots. The skin, if it’s there, is clean, smooth.
Pork belly calories
The caloric value of a boneless pork breast is 510 kcal per 100 grams of the product.
Pork belly nutrition
Pork has an incredible amount of vitamins B, PP, E, and A, as well as many minerals such as sodium, calcium, cobalt, copper, iron, sodium, tin, sulfur, phosphorus, nickel, fluorine, molybdenum, chromium, chlorine, zinc.
Beneficial properties of boneless pork brisket
Pork is an amazingly important and perhaps even a necessary product in any person’s weekly diet.
Pork is an incredibly popular type of meat in many countries around the world, not only because it is quite delicious, but also for a good reason, which is very useful (calorizator). Thanks to its beneficial properties, digestive juices are produced when pork is eaten, and the food is well digested.
The fat in pork is a fairly good antidepressant and is directly related to fat.
Pork brisket without the bone in cooking
Brisket with removed ribs is used in the preparation of goulash, but it is in Russian cuisine brisket is often greased or smoked, thus obtaining fat with veined meat.
Pork brisket – part of pork carcass, where the ratio of meat and fat is in optimal condition. It is thanks to these beneficial properties of brisket that it is recognized in cooking as a wonderful product that is ideal not only for frying but also for baking and cooking.