In every shop you can see rice noodles on the shelves, but for some reason, many people do not even want to approach them, let alone cook. And that is a huge mistake, because all over the world Thai cuisine is very popular. I want to share these very simple recipes with rice noodles that I know you’ll love. Obviously, there are lots of them, but these are simple and easy to make. Once you’ve mastered them, you can safely experiment and mix flavours. And if you exclude an egg from this recipe, you get lean rice noodles Thai style.
Rice noodles Thai style recipe
- 100g rice noodles
- 2-3 pcs. chili pepper
- 0.5 pcs. onions
- 0.5 pcs. Carrot
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 20 g Peanuts
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 15 g cabbage
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp sesame.
- a pinch of salt
How to cook rice noodles Thai style
- Soak the noodles in water for 10 minutes. Slice carrots in thin strips, onions in half rings, chop cabbage.
- Heat the pan, add sunflower oil. Break an egg into a frying pan and mix it quickly. To the egg add chili pepper, then carrot, onion and after 1 minute the cabbage and peanuts. Roast for 3 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add soaked noodles and soy sauce. If the noodles stick, you can add a few spoons of water. It is very important to stir all the time. When serving, be sure to sprinkle with sesame, add a slice of lemon and a bit of green onions (to taste, add coriander).
This dish can be served with fresh tomatoes, or add any ready-made meat sliced into slices.
Cooking is easy!
Rice noodles with chicken and vegetables recipe
- 1 large fresh cucumber
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- 2 chicken fillet
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Sesame (optional)
How to make rice noodles with chicken and veggies
Cut the cucumber and carrot into thin straws, fry in vegetable oil.
Separately fry bell pepper sliced in straws.
Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes in soy sauce with garlic, then fry it in a pan.
Cook rice noodles according to instructions, in this case I poured them with hot water for 5 minutes. For convenience, after swelling you can the noodles cut it into 7-8 cm long pieces.
Add vegetables to the chicken, stir.
Add rice noodles to chicken and vegetables, add teriyaki sauce and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle sesame on top. Bon appetit!
Rice noodles with pork and curry
- Rice noodles 225g
- Pork fillet 500 g
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Onions 2 heads
- Curry 2 tablespoons
- Yellow sweet pepper 3 pieces
- Fish sauce 2 tablespoons
- Cilantro 50 g
- Basil leaves 50 g
How to cook rice noodles with pork and curry
- Fine dried rice noodles should be filled with boiling water and kept in water for about 7 minutes until it becomes soft. Drain the water and put the noodles in a large bowl. Leave half a glass of water in which the noodles were soaked in the minced meat reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan, throw finely sliced garlic into it and leave it for 1 minute. Add the pork sliced in small pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes, stir constantly.
- Put the roasted pork from the pan in a bowl. Add the remaining butter to the pan and pass in a medium heat for approx 3 minutes finely chopped onion and pepper sliced into strips.
- When the vegetables are soft, return the pork to the pan and sprinkle the curry. Continue stirring, cook the meat for another 1 minute.
- Pour a quarter glass of water left over from the noodles into the meat pan, stir and place the meat in a bowl of noodles. Add fish sauce, some more water from the noodles and chopped cilantro with basil.
Rice noodle soup with fried tofu recipe
- Rice noodles 150 g
- Tofu 500 g
- Miso paste 2 tablespoons
- Mixture of seven spices ½ teaspoon.
- Chinese cabbage 1 bundle
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable Broth 1 l
- Cilantro leaves (coriander) 2 pieces
How to make rice noodles with tofu
- Soak the noodles in hot water for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water, then spread out into 2 bowls. Cut the tofu into 4 pieces and put between 2 pieces of paper towel, let dry. Mix the miso paste and spices and put the tofu on top.
- Preheat the grill pan well and oil it. Place the tofu, and fry for 6-8 minutes until crispy. Put it on a plate. Place sliced Chinese cabbage on the grill and hold for a while until it soaks.
- Boil the broth and pour it over the noodles. Put the cabbage and tofu on top. Sprinkle it with coriander.
Pork with shrimp, eggs and rice noodles
- Shrimp 200 g
- Pork fillet 400 g
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Rice noodles 300g
- Lemon onions 1 piece
- Green onions 1 piece
- Canned corn 100 g
- Broccoli 150g
- Soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Vegetable oil 100 ml
- Sesame oil 20 ml
- Cilantro 1 bundle
- Salt, pepper to taste
How to make pork with shrimp, eggs and rice noodles
- Break the eggs into mixing bowl, stir them until smooth.
- Put the rice noodles in a pot filled with boiling water to prepare the pasta. Boil until ready, rinse with cold water.
- Clean the cocktail shrimps from the shell.
- Cut the onions into straws, disassemble the broccoli into florets, rinse the greens and cut them into large pieces.
- In a frying pan wok add vegetable oil, fry the meat. Then take it out and put it on the grate to lose extra fat.
- In the same oil, fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add corn and shrimp, break in the eggs and mix everything.
- Add cooked meat, boiled noodles, soy sauce and sesame oil to the vegetables. Mix everything, add cilantro, green onions and sesame seed.
- To make the dish spicy, add pepper and curry.
- Put the noodles on the plates and serve them to the table.
Rice noodles nutrition
Rice noodles contain about 75 percent starch, so their nutritional value is quite high. In addition, it contains almost the entire set of vitamins B, which are undoubtedly very important for human health.
And the minerals in rice noodles are represented by selenium, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus and other elements, the absence of which in the human diet is detrimental to health in general.
Are rice noodles healthy?
The harm of this product is rarely spoken of, but the benefits of rice noodles are known not only in its culinary homeland, but also throughout the world. For example, complex carbohydrates, which are contained in large quantities in noodles, enrich human muscular tissues with the necessary energy.
It turns out that this is an excellent product for maintaining mood and shape. And due to the small amount of salt it can be consumed by people suffering from kidney, vascular and heart disease. In addition, the benefits of rice noodles for children and the elderly are obvious, as this product is easily digested by the body, due to the lack of fiber.
Rice noodles calories
Per 100 g:
- 364 kcal
- Proteins: 3.44 g
- Fats: 0.56 g
- Carbohydrates: 81.64 g