Most Korean girls are graceful and fragile. This is often due to a genetic trait associated with a lack of propensity for completeness. However, hereditary fatness, like “broad bone”, is just a myth with which full people try to justify their excess weight. The most common cause of this problem is inwardness in food and excessive consumption of calories. Traditional Korean cuisine is completely different in this respect and includes mainly low-calorie dishes, as well as many spices and spices that have a beneficial effect on metabolic processes. All these factors have contributed to the fact that today, the Korean diet, also known as kpop diet for weight loss, has become one of the most popular weight loss methods.
The basics of the Korean diet
The main condition of this diet is, above all, the rejection of alcoholic beverages, confectionery products, salt, and sugar. As with any other diet, it is recommended to drink 1.5-2 liters of mineral water without gas. There are many dietary options, and the menu of this diet is varied.
The predominant foods are rice (must be in the diet of the leaner daily); vegetable salads; seafood and algae; small amounts of lean meat or fish. Snacks of fresh fruit or juice are allowed between meals.
During the period of application of the South Korean diet, dairy products should be kept to a minimum, and after 13 days you can include in the daily diet in small doses of natural yogurt or a small amount of goat cheese.
Rules of Korean diet
The Korean diet is considered to be quite strict; it implies strict observance of the following instructions:
- A Korean diet for weight loss should last at least 2 weeks and may last for 2-3 months.
- Totally give up sugar and any other sweeteners.
- A Korean diet, or kpop idol diet, implies a complete lack of salt. This makes it look like a popular Japanese diet.
- Any alcohol is strictly forbidden.
- Sweet carbonated drinks are not allowed.
- You must drink at least a liter of water per day.
- It is recommended to drink a glass of water with lemon juice and ginger in the morning. Cook it very simply with your own hands at home: a glass of warm water, a slice of lemon and some ginger chips, mix and drink – that’s the whole scheme.
- The diet should include seaweed or other algae rich in carotenoids, polysaccharides and fatty acids, which in turn are the source of iodine.
- For the duration of the diet, give up the fatty meat in favor of non-fat fish and seafood.
- Your diet should have enough fiber. Brown and black rice will do. As for white rice, which we are used to, the shell of the rice is blurred, which means that the necessary fiber is not in it.
The benefits of the Korean diet
The Korean diet is quite popular, and it has the following advantages:
- In 2 weeks of compliance with the rules of this weight loss system, you can lose 5-6 kg of extra weight in stages.
- The menu of the diet, though strict, but unlike the mono-diet, is quite diverse: you can eat seafood, vegetables, and eggs.
- This method is suitable for all people who have no health problems.
- The products on the menu are quite affordable. The most expensive in the diet will be seafood, but you can also give preference to inexpensive breeds of fish, such as hakes and pollock. Overall healthy Korean food.
- The diet has a beneficial effect not only on your volumes but also strengthens the body as a whole, providing it with enough minerals and vitamins.
- Easy to prepare your dishes will allow you to lose weight in comfort. Your diet will be low in calories, which means that the first days of the diet will have to collect all the will in the fist not to break. But literally in 2-3 days, the body will be rebuilt to a new diet and the discomfort will be replaced by the joy of the first results in the mirror.
What to be aware of
Diet is contraindicated when constipation is frequent. According to doctors, this diet is somewhat stressful for the body: it does not disrupt but slows down the metabolism, and food disruption is not excluded. If a limited diet is not followed later, the result of the weight loss may be short term, and not only will the weight be the same, it may increase rapidly.
Classic Korean diet
This type of diet has been prepared for those who have gained extra pounds of cola and various delicacies because of the abundant diet in “fast food”.
So, during these 2 most demanding weeks, you should give up:
- all sugar plus sweeteners. Diet Coke and everyone’s favorite yogurt fall into this category;
- alcohol, especially canned beer;
- extra salt, except for small quantities of kimchi, classic Korean vegetables (pickled). However, they should appear on your table as a seasoning for lunch, not as the main course.
Feedback on the Korean diet
The diet menu is balanced and does not cause hunger.
People have different views on the Korean diet for weight loss. Most of those who survived 14 days consider it effective and see only positive aspects. The diet is not hungry, it is somewhat disciplined, due to reduced portions the size of the stomach is reduced, volumes are well maintained, there is a feeling of lightness in the body, vigor, and vitality.
The food composition is balanced in fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
It should be removed gradually. First of all, it is necessary to revise breakfast, it should be balanced and full. Such a diet has been spread through the use of its “idols” (so-called artists in Korea). Rumors about its effectiveness have quickly spread around the world.
Quitting the Korean diet
One of the advantages of this variation of the Korean diet is that you will not have to restrict your diet too much. Your menu will be diverse enough to saturate your body with a variety of nutrients, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
Because of this balanced (albeit low-calorie) diet, there are no specific recommendations for your future diet.
The body will not feel a significant shortage of certain substances, so there is no need to lie down after a course on any product to make up the necessary reserves.
However, it is important to increase your daily calorie intake very gradually. At the very least, you should give up frying and sweets in the first days after your diet. It is usually this type of food that provokes weight gain. And after a low-calorie diet, this risk doubles, so be careful to eat any food that is not even very calorie.
Also, continue to take care of the correct drinking balance. A liter and a half of water per day should remain your norm both during and after your diet. In this way, you will help your body to perform its internal functions and regularly cleanse itself of harmful accumulations.
General tips for those who want to lose weight with a Korean diet
1. Do not aim for a quick loss of pounds. An extreme loss of weight will reduce the skin’s elasticity and free up voids – wrinkles will appear. A weight loss of more than 5 kg per month weakens the body and speeds up aging.
2. Weight loss should be taken seriously and not in a hurry. The doctor advises to lose a maximum of 0.5-1 kg per week and not to forget about regular physical activity.
3. Don’t starve yourself. If you eat only once a day to reduce the amount of food, there will be a breakdown, as the body will try to get the missing energy. It’s better to reduce the portion to half or two-thirds of what you’re used to. If you drastically reduce the amount of food, the rate of metabolism will also decrease and the figures on the scales will freeze for a long time.
4. Change your diet gradually. Any transition must be smooth so that the body adapts. At first, it is better to simply include some Korean cuisine in your traditional diet, gradually changing it.
5. Choose a diet according to your health condition. Any diet system should be correlated to the energy expenditure, lifestyle, and health status of a particular person. For example, if you have a carbohydrate metabolism disorder, it is better to eat rice, noodles in the morning and eat thermally treated vegetables in the evening.
6. Concentrate on positive emotions. Since stress is usually the reason for eating and drinking too much alcohol, you need to learn to avoid it. Replace negative emotions with positive emotions. For example, walk or stretch out.
The slim figures of Korean female models are admired by some and envy by others. Let’s find out how they’re losing weight in this country and whether it’s worth taking an example.
The Koreans keep a close eye on their appearance and figure. To lose weight, it is necessary to reduce the number of calories (up to 900 kcal per day) and include typical products for this country in the diet:
- Different kinds of sea cabbage
- Kimchi (spicy Korean cabbage)
- Surimi (crab sticks)
- Soy sauce
6 main dietary rules
Duration – 14 days, during this time you can lose 4-8 kg.
Every morning starts with a glass of warm water with lemon juice or ginger chips. It is drunk half an hour before a meal.
The meal is three meals a day, no snacks.
It is necessary to drink 1.5 liters of non-carbonated water per day.
Under the ban sugar, sweeteners, fatty food, salt (can be replaced with soy sauce), alcohol, bread.
Spicy kimchi should be consumed twice a day.
3 Korean diet variations
Koreans lose weight, the first week eating dishes of white fish, brown rice, shrimp, skinless chicken fillet, starchy vegetables, boiled eggs. It is possible to season food with vegetable oil.
In the second week, add unsweetened yogurt, goat cheese, red meat to the diet. Protein products have to be in every meal.
It is characterized by a very modest breakfast – black coffee and wholemeal bread. Otherwise, no difference from the first option. The same white fish, chicken, shrimp, eggs, vegetables, and vegetable oil.
For 14 days it is offered to eat boiled red rice, supplemented with lean fish, salads of greens, and vegetables. Unstarchy fruits, freshly squeezed juices, and no more than two slices of black bread per day are allowed.
4 other variants of Korean diet
In South Korea today there is such a phenomenon as idols. They are young pop singers who are today the idols of millions. They too are watching their figures, and some are on rather extreme diets.
1. One drink.
Girls from the band Nine Muses say that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner they eat only rice and vegetables. The volume of the portion does not exceed one small paper cup (size S). You may have seen these in Asian restaurants where food is sold.
300 grams of rice and the same amount of vegetable salad is 489 kcal. That is 2.5-3 times less than the norm (for a mobile lifestyle girls aged 15 to 25 years should eat an average of 2000 kcal per day).
2. Sweet breakfast, light dinner.
Popular Korean singer Kahi eats a banana in the morning drinks unsweetened yogurt and a cup of coffee without milk and sugar. For lunch, she has seaweed soup, a portion of rice and fish. And for dinner, she eats boiled egg white and salad.
Her colleague Soyou (SISTAR group) has a similar diet: for breakfast, she has one straw of boiled potato, three boiled eggs, and a piece of rye bread for lunch, and in the evening she has two rolls on her table. They contain rice and vegetables (daikon, cucumbers, carrots) and fish.
Each option is about 530 kcal per day.
When the daily calorie intake is reduced to a minimum value (500-600 kcal per day) at a young age, body weight is reduced due to energy reserves in the body (fatty tissue). When they run out, metabolism slows down to preserve basic functions, resulting in gradual exhaustion. The second disadvantage of Korean diets is that they focus on carbohydrate intake (rice and vegetables), which causes fluctuations in blood glucose and insulin levels. This can lead to carbohydrate metabolic disorders.
3. Calorie balance
T-ara’s idols can count calories: they eat so that all the energy they get from their food is “burned” in the gym, on video shoots or during concerts. Girls call their diet ordinary, and the food is national, familiar to any Korean family. Their main emphasis is on training and active lifestyle: instead of the elevator, they walk the steps, do not stand still in the laundry room waiting for the clothes to be washed, but move, perform simple exercises such as jumping with a rope. Thanks to this, in addition to the overall tone of the body of the singer perfectly thin in the legs, also perfectly eliminates excess fat from the abdomen.
4. Men’s diet
The performer named Choiza from the duo Dynamic Duo started with a simple kpop weight loss: he started to eat half as much. He didn’t count calories, didn’t exclude food, but only halved the amount eaten per day. Then he started playing sports. The result was minus 20 kilos in six months and a pumped body.
Attention! Due to the significant reduction in the amount of food eaten in the diet of short Korean diets, such techniques are very difficult to observe and stressful for the body. It should be noted, however, that excessive food restrictions do not always lead to positive results, so the sacrifices made may be in vain.